Research & Achievement
Knowledge discovery and sentiment mining
Fundamental theories of information science
Government information resources management and e-government
Data curation and digital archives
Network Society governance
Department of Information Management, Peking University, China
M. Law. (September 1998 - June 2001) Economics
Department of Ideological and Political Theory, Ningxia University, China
B. Sc. (September 1987 - July 1991) Information Science
Department of Information Management, Peking University, China
Director, Center for Network Society Governance, Business School, Nankai University (March 2015-)
Senior Training Class on Higer Education, Queensland University of Technology, Australia (July-October, 2015)
Fulbright Senior Research Scholar, National Center for Digital Government, UMASS Amherst (2009-2010)
Postdococtoral Research (on the job), Center for Corporate Governance, Nankai University, (2007-2009)
Associate Professor, Department of Information Resources Management, Business School, Nankai University (August 2004-)
Part-time Teacher, Department of Information Management, Peking University (2002-2003)
Associate Professor, Library of Ningxia University, (August, 2001-August, 2004)
Assistant Professor, Library of Ningxia University, (July, 1997-August, 2001)
Assistant Librarian, Library of Ningxia University, (July, 1991-July, 1997)
· 2015, Outstanding Achievement Award of Nankai University in Philosophy and Social Science
· 2014, Outstanding Achievement Award of Nankai University in Philosophy and Social Science
· 2012, Outstanding Achievement Award of Nankai University in Philosophy and Social Science
· 2011, One Hundred Outstanding Leaders award for the promotion of China informatization (China Information Industry Association)
· 2006-2011, Outstanding Paper awards by academic conferences, e.g. the Annual Conference of the China Information Economics Society.
· 2009, The Most Welcomed Teacher award of the Business School of Nankai University
· 2005/2007/2008 Outstanding Achievement Award of Nankai University in Philosophy and Social Science
· 2002-2004, Outstanding Graduate, Roll Student, "Canon" Top Class Scholarship, at Peking University
Part-time Academic Job· Director of the Research Laboratory for Government Governance of the Research Center for Corporate Governance, Nankai University
· Standing director of the China Information Economics Society
· Guest Researcher of the National Research Base for Information Resources (Beijing)
· National expert of the IFAP Working Groups, UNESCO
· Chinese President of the Doctoral Forum of the17th Annual Conference DGO (2016,Shanghai)
· Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information (Ch)
· Information Science (Ch)
· E-government. (Ch)
· The International Journal of Public Administration in the Digital Age (Eng)
· Journal of the China Society for Scientific and TechnicalInformation (Ch)
· Library and Information Service
· JASIS&T Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology
· Information and Management
· Government Information Quarterly
· Chinese Journal of Library and Information Science
· The International Journal of Public Administration in the Digital Age
· China Soft Science
· Communications of the Association for Information Systems 2009
· International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance
· European Conference on E-government
· Doctoral dissertations (2010-)
· Various Research Projects
· Committee Member of the European Conference on E-government ECEG
· ICEGOV Program Committee Member (2013)
· ASIS&T （The American Society for Information Science and Technology）
· AIS (Association for Information Systems)
Books and Chpaters1. Fang Wang. (EDs). (2010) Science of Digital Archives. Beijing: China Renmin University Press.
2. Fang Wang.(2006) Government in the Sunshine: the Path and Incentive for the Information Behavior of Government. Tianjin; NankaiUniversityPress.
3. Maosheng Lai, Fang Wang. (Eds). (2006) Information Economics. Beijing: Peking University Press.
4. Fang Wang. (2004) Experiencing the Internet. China Machine Press.
5. Fang Wang. 4 Chapters. (2012). Innovation Governance of Large Enterprise Groups (Wei'an Li & Lan Xue). Science Press.
6. Fang Wang. 1 Chpater. (2008) Introduction to Information Consultation (Ping Ke, 2008). Science Press.
7. Fang Wang. Two Chapters. (2005) Analyses on Information Economy (Feicheng Ma & Jipeng Jin eds). Scientific and Technical Documents Publishing House.
8. Fang Wang. 1 Chapter. (2004). E-commerce and Competitive Strategy (Maosheng Lai & Xianglin Fu, eds). China Machine Press.
9. Fang Wang. 1 Chapter. (2002) New Economy and the Prospects of China (Dongming Shi, 2002).
10. Fang Wang; Ji, Xuemei & Shi, Haiyan. (2014). Curation, Preservation and Archiving of Digital Network Information Resources. Advances in Information Science, 2014.(in Chinese)
11. Fang Wang, Lei Sun, Feng Chen, Xin Zhang. Emerging Commercial Activities in Mobile Era and Strategies of Developing Countries. Davos Forum. Summer, 2014. (in English & Chinese)
12. Fang Wang, Junping Wang. Reports on the Openness of Chinese Local Governments during 2010 to 2012. YearBook for Chinese E-government in 2012. (2013). Social Sciences Academic Press. (in Chinese)
Papers in English
13. Wang, Fang. (2014). Explaining the low utilization of government websites: using a grounded theory approach. Government Information Quarterly, 31(4):610-621.
14. Wang, Fang & Chen, Yongbo. (2012). From potential users to actual users: Use of E-Government Service by Chinese Migrant Farmer Workers. Government Information quarterly, S1:98-111.
15. Wang, Fang & Gu, Qun. (2011). Construction of an evaluation system for information openness of local governments. Chinese Journal of Library and Information Science, 4(1): 28-49.
16. Wang, Fang & Zhai, Lina. (2009). Construction of an evaluation system for the service capabilities of government to business (G2B) web portals. Chinese Journal of Library and Information Science (Quarterly), 2(2): 42-56.
17. Wang, Fang. (2002). How Can the College libraries of Western China Conform to Digital Trends？Science & Technology Libraries (S&TL)，2/3 :67-75.
18. Wang, Fang, Yan, Weitao & Song, Peng. (2013). Conceptualization of the Public’s Expectation on Government Micro-blogs. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV), Seoul, Korea.
19. Wang, Fang & Wang, Ying. (2013). A Grounded Theory of Government Website Promotion. Proceedings of 13th European Conference on e-Government, 13-14 June, Como, Italy. pp:10.
20. Wang, Fang & Gu, Lihong. (2012). The critical success factors for the websites for Chinese migrant farmer workers: a multi-case study. Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV), Albany, USA.
21. Wang, Fang & Chen, Yongbo. (2010). From potential users to practical users: use of e-government service by Chinese migrant farmer workers. Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Electronic Governance (ICEGOV), Beijing: 279-287.
22. Wang, Fang & Zhai, Lina. (2009). Evaluating the G2B Capability of Local Government Portals:Take Tianjin Binghai New Area and Shanghai Pudong of China as Examples. Proceedings of the 9th European Conference on E-Government (ECEG), 6:28-30.
23. Wang, Fang. (2009). Personal Influence on Citizens’ Utilization of Government Information. Proceedings of the American Conference on Information Systems （AMCIS）, paper 563, 8, http://aisel.aisnet.org/amcis2009/563.
Papers in Chinese
24. Chen, Feng, Zhai, Yujia & Wang, Fang. Automatic Theory Recognition in Academic Journals Based on CRF. Library and Information Service. 2016, 60(2):122-128.
25. Lan, Yuexin, Wang, Fang, Dong, Xilin, Su, Guoqiang, Zang, Peng. Study on the Heat Model of Public Crisis of Network Public Opinion. Information Science. 2016, 2(2): 32-36.
26. Wang, Fang & Chen, Feng.(2015).Openness and Exploitation of Government Big Data in the Course of State Governance. Chinese Public Administration,2015(11):6-12.
27. Wang, Fang; Shi, Haiyan & Ji, Xuemei.(2015).The Use of Theory in Chinese Information Science Research: Based on the Content Analysis of the Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information, Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information,2015(6):581-591.
28. Wang, Fang & Zhang, Yan.(2015). Comparison of Research Subjects of Digital Archives between China and Other Countries: Bibliometric Analysis Based on WOS and CNKI. Beijing Archives,25-28.
29. Zhai,Yujia& Wang, Fang.(2015). Research on Construction methods of Chinese Domain Ontology Based on Text Mining. Information Science,2015(6).
30. Ji,Xuemei& Wang, Fang.(2015). An overview of the research on online social network sentiment dissemination from the perspective of SNA. Information studies: Theory & Application, 2015(7): 139-144.
31. Wang, Fang & Song,Peng.(2015). Operation Mechanism of Websites for Chinese Migrant Farmer Workers. Chinese Soft Science,2015,(4):37-47.
32. Zhang, Yan; Zhang, Luyang; Fang, Xue & Wang, Fang.(2015). Survey of the Application of Archives WeChat. Chinese Archives,2015(5):40-41.
33. Wang, Fang et al. (2015). A Summary of the Symposium on the Network Society Governance and the Chinese Information Technology Experts "The Crowd of Onlookers". E - government, 2015 (4): 32-37.
34. Sun,Lei & Wang, Fang. (2015).The Current Situation of Cross-border E-commerce in China and the Countermeasures. China Business and Market, 2015 (3): 38-41.
35. Sun, Xiaoyan, Wang, Fang & Li, Zhaojing. Influence of Government Microblog on Public perception of Governments Image: An Empirical Research. Journal of Inelligence, 2015, 34(11): 131-134.
36. .Wang,Fang & Zhang,Luyang. (2014).Research on Function Orientation and Public Use of Government WeChat in China. E - government,2014, (10): 58-69.
37. Wang,Fang & Shen,Jinhua. (2014). Advances in Data Curation Abroad:Research and Practice. Journal of Library Science in China, 2014,40 (212): 116-128.
38. Wang,Fang; Li Zhaojing,& Bai Meiling. (2014). Developing an Evaluation Indicator System for E-government Project:Using a VFT Approach.. Chinese Public Administration, 2014 (3): 32-37.
39. Wang, Fang &Yang, Jingjing. (2013).An Empirical Study on the Influence of Social Capitals on Knowledge Sharing in Chinese Civil Servants. Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information, 2013, 32 (7): 742-751.
40. Ji, Xuemei & Wang,Fang. (2013).Analysis on Regularity and Festures of Using“基于”in Chinese Literature Titles. Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information, 2013, 32 (7): 697-707.
41. Wang,Fang & Shi,Haiyan. (2013).Progress of Foreign Research and Practice in Web Archive. Journal of Library Science in China, 2013,3,39(204):49-59.
42. Wang,Fang;Bai,Meiling &Li,Zhaojing. (2013).A Summary of the Researches on Value-Focused Thinking (VFT). Information studies: Theory & Application,2013,36 (2): 113-118.
43. Wang,Fang; Ji,Xuemei&Tian,Hong. (2013).Informetrics and Content Analysis of Chinese Rural Informatization Policy. Document,Information & Knowledge, 2013 (1): 36 – 46.
44. Wang,Ying;Bai,Meiling & Wang,Fang. (2013).Survey on Information Acquisition and Influencing Factors of Migrant Farmer Workers in Tianjin. E - government, 2013, (5): 88-96.
45. Sheng,Duo& Wang,Fang. (2013).Fusion Compartmentalization of Urban Management innovation: Case Analysis of Grid based Social Management in Zhengzhou. E-government, 2013 (6) :52-59.
46. Wang, Fang & Wang, Junping. (2012). Study on the Stakeholders of Mobile-government. E-government,2012(8):50-58.
47. Wang, Fang & Ji, Xuemei. (2012) .E-government Research in Library and Information Science. Library and Information Service, 2012,56(13):11-16, 23.
48. Sheng, Duo; Wang, Fang & Meng, Xu. (2012). Governance in Web 2.0: A Case Study on the Political Platform on the Internet of Zhengzhou (ZZIC). E-government, 2012(6):92-101.
49. Wang, Fang & Dong, Hao. (2012). Relationships between Information Ethics, Information Policy and Information Law. E-government, 2012(7):2-9.
50. Wang, Fang; Cheng, Yuan; Dong, Hao; Wang, Qiqi; Liang, Yongsheng & Zhu, Hongzhi. (2012). Issues Related with Information Ethics on the Internet. E-government, 2012(7):10-16.
51. Wang, Fang; Liu, Xiaozeng; Wang,Jing & Dong, Hao. (2012). Comparison of Anonymous Behaviors and Real-name Behaviors in Virtual Community. E-government, 2012(7):17-22.
52. Yi, Chengchao & Wang, Fang. (2012). The "WikiLeaks" : Information Freedom or National Security? E-government, 2012(7):31-39.
53. Wang, Fang & Tian, Hong. (2011).Literature Review on Chinese "Sannong (Agriculture and Farmer)" Informatization. E-government, 2011(11) :62-68.
54. Wang, Fang & Wang, Junping. (2011) .Service Patterns of M-government and its SWOT Analysis. Library and Information Service, 2011(3): 125-129.
55. Wang, Fang; Wang, Xiangnv & Zhou, Pingping. (2011).Construction and Application of the Evaluation Index System on Information Disclosure Capability of Local Government Portal. Information Science, 2011(3):406-411.
56. Wang, Fang & Zhou, Pingping. (2011). The Construction of American Digital Archives in the Process of Government Openness and its Implications for China. Archives Science Bulletin,2011 (2):49-52.
57. Du, Longzheng; Lin,Runhui; Li,Weian; Wang,Fang & Feng,Hongyu. (2011).Research on Innovation Path of Enterprise Groups: Analysis from the Perspective of Technology Pyramid. Chinese Soft Science,2011(2):49-52.
58. Wang, Fang & Wang, Xiangnv. (2010). A Bibliometric Study on Research Methods of Information Science in China: Taking JOCSSTI(1999～2008) as Example. Journal of the China Society for Scientific Academic Information, 2010(8):652-662.
59. Wang,Xiangnv & Wang, Fang.(2010).Evaluation of Information Disclosure Ability of Government Websites in Tianjin Binhai New Area. E-government, 2010,11:59-65.
60. Wang, Fang & Lai, Maosheng. (2009). Development Situation and Countermeasures of Chinese E-government. E-government, 2009(8):51-57.
61. Wang, Fang. (2009). Social Information Welfare and Its Realization. Library and Information Service,2009(18):30-34.
62. Li,Weian; Du,Longzheng; Lin,Runhui; Wang,Fang & Feng,Hongyu. (2009).Imitators will occupy the future high-end industries. Science and Technology Daily, August 16th,2009.
63. Zhai,Lina;Wang,Fang, et al.(2008). Investigation and Analysis of the Use of the Government Website in the Binhai New Area Enterprises. Library and information Service, 2008(8): 6-11.
64. Wang, Fang; Yin,Tianwen & Guo,Ying. (2008).A Survey on the Enterprises’ Satisfaction with the Government portals of Tianjin Binhai New Area. Library and Information Service,2008(8):16-19.
65. Wang, Fang; Shen, Jinhua, et al. (2008). On the Adverse Selection and Moral Hazard of Library Profession. Library and Information,2008(3) :47-52.
66. Wang, Fang & Guo, Yin. (2008).Analysis on Content Management Application for E-Government. Information Studies: Theory & Application,2008(1) :47-50.
67. Wang, Fang. (2007).Paradigm Changes and Metatheory of Information Science. Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information,2007 ( 5):764-773.
68. Wang, Fang.(2007). The Metadata for Chinese E-government and its Share Based on Web Service. Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information,2007 ( 1):125-133.
69. Wang, Fang & Wang, Xiaoli. (2007). On OAI-PMH based Interoperation of Digital Archival Metadata. New Technology of Library and Information Science,2007(3):18-24.
70. Wang, Xiaoli & Wang, Fang. (2007).A Comparative Study on Metadata Systems of Digital Archives at Home and Abroad. Information Science, 2007(3):382-389.
71. Gu,Jinrui & Wang,Fang.(2007).Overview of the Subject of Ontology. Information Science, 2007,(6):949-956.
72. Wang, Fang; Liu,Yanxia, et al. (2007).Analysis and Countermeasures of Government Website Construction in Tianjin.China Information Review, 2007,(5):31-35.
73. Wang, Fang & Li, Zhengli. Comparison on IA of Chinese Central and American Federal Government Portals. Proceedings of CIES,2007.
74. Wang, Fang.(2006). On the Developing Tendency of Foreign and Chinese E-governance Education. China Information Times,2006,6(12):8-14.
75. Wang, Fang & Wang, Xiaoli. (2006). “Open Information” Service Based on E-government. Library and Information Service,2006(8) :76-81.
76. Wang, Fang. (2006). A Micro-explanation on the Barriers to Government Information Sharing. Information Science,2006(2):194-199.
77. Wang, Fang. IT Governance of e-government. Proceedings of CIES,2007.
78. Wang, Fang.(2005). Cost-benefit Analysis of Government Information Sharing. Nankai Business Review,2005(5):74-81.
79. Wang, Fang. (2005). An Approach to the Management System Reform of Government Information Organization in China. China Information Review, 2005(7):16-19.
80. Wang, Fang. (2005). Economic Features and Property Rights of Government Information Resources. Library and Information Service,2005(5):50-54.
81. Wang, Fang & Lai, Maosheng.(2004). Research on the System of Information Economics. Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information,2004(1):117-123.
82. Wang, Fang. (2004).A Few Problems on the Development of China Network Economy. China Information Review，2004(1):33-36.
83. Wang, Fang. (2003).A Study on Enterprise Information Policies. Library and Information Service,2003(5):48-54.
84. Wang, Fang. (2003). Information Asymmetry & Enterprise Competence. Information Studies: Theory & Application.,2003(5):245-248.
85. Wang, Fang & Lai, Maosheng. (2003). On Economic Study of Information Resources. Journal of Library Science in China,2003(1):78-81.
86. Wang, Fang & Lai, Maosheng. (2002).Institutional Evolvement of Information Economy. Journal of the China Society for Scientific and Technical Information,2002 (5):608-612.
87. Wang, Fang. (2002).The Effect of Information on the Promotion of Chinese Econnomy. Library and Information Service,2002(4):96-99,18.
88. Wang, Fang. (2000). On the institutional basis of information economy .Information Studies: Theory & Application,2000(4):253-256.
89. Wang, Fang. (2000). On the Gradient Development of China’s Information Industry.Library and Information Service,2000(4):75-78.
90. Wang, Fang. (1999). A Review of Information Economics in China in the past 10 years.Information Studies: Theory & Application,1999(4):299-301.
91. Wang, Fang. (1999). An Analytical Study of Regional Development of the Chinese Information Industry.Library and Information Service,1999(10):8-10,61.
92. Wang, Fang &Z hang,Xiangdong. (1999). Optimization of Library Information and Industrial Structure of the Western Region. Library Theory and Practice, 1999(2):51-53.
93. Wang, Fang. (1998). On Librarians' Professional Interests. Library Development,1998(5).
Leading expert (Project leader ): Major project of the National Social Science Foundation "Network Society Governance in China" (14ZDB063), 2014-2017.
Project leader. Risk Information Analysis for Food Security based on Big Data. State Food Safety Administration, 2015.
Project leader. NSFC project “Information Access of Chinese Migrant Farmer Workers and the Construction of Inter-regional Public Information Service System for Them” (Grant No. 71173121), 2012-2015.
Project leader. The project “Holistic Evaluation Research on E-government Based on Multi-stakeholder Value-focused Approach” supported by the Foundation for Humanities and Social Sciences Program of Ministry of Education , China (Grant No. 10YJA870021), 2011-2013.
Project leader. The Special Funds Project for Basic Research of Nankai University “Theory Construction and Evaluation on Social Information Welfare”, NKZXB10099, 2010-2012.
Project leader. The project "Study on Information Ethics Problems" supported by China Association for Science and Technology (2011ZCYJ18), 2011-2012.
Project leader. "Measuring the Critical Factors that Influence the Success of Service-oriented E-government： A Comparative Study between the USA and China" (7002). 2009-2010, Project of Fulbright Program.
Project leader. Evaluation of government openness of Tianjin Binhai New Area (AS0917)，supported by KFAS and Center for Asian Studies of Nankai University, 2009-2010.
Project leader. Project of Excellent Courses at University Level: "Science of Digital Archives", 2010
Project leader. Optimization of the Information Flow in Coporate Governance and System Development (China Postdoctoral Foundation)
Sub-project Leader. Coporate Governance and the Innovation of Large Enterprise Groups. The general topic: Research on the Innovation Capacity of National Large Enterprise Group,(National Major Project of Soft Science Research), Project Leader is Professor Wei'an Li.
Project leader. Survey on the Performance of G to B E-government in Tianjin Binhai New Area (Center for Studies of Asian Economy, Nankai University).
Project leader. Incentive and Equity in the Process of Government Information Openness: Performance Assessment and Archival Information Ethics.( National Office for Philosophy and Social Sciences).
Project leader. Economic Analysis on E-government.(Nankai University).
Participant. Research on Knowledge Management for Local Government (Tianjin People's Government Office Department, Administration Society of Tianjin).
Participant. The Basic Theory on Development and Utilization of Information Resource. (the State Council Informatization Office, P. R. China, 2002-2003.
Participant. Research on the Development Strategy of Xuzhou Hi-tech Industry. (NationalResearchCenterfor S&T for Development, Ministry of Science and Technology), 2002.
Participant. Non-technological Barriers to Enterprise Informatization. (National Office for Philosophy and Social Sciences) ,2001-2002.
Participant. Research on the Knowledge Management System that Helps the Formation of the Core Competences of Enterprise. (National Science Foundation), 2002-2003.
Project leader. Investigation on Information Utilization by the Large and Medium-sized State-owned Enterprises in Yinchuan Area of Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. (NingxiaUniversity).
· Advances in Information Analysis, Ph.D students
· Advances in Information Science, Ph.D students
· Data Curation, MA students
· Digital Archives, MA, BA students
· Research Methods for Information Management, MA students
· E-government, MA, BA students
· Information Users and Services, MLIS students
· Information Retrieval, BA students
· Information Economics, BA students
· Archives Management, BA students